Wednesday, March 3, 2010

home, home on the brain...

I want to buy a house. I think I'm nearing the time in my life to actually own something other than shoes and 15 extra pounds. Self-admittedly, I tend to look at home ownership through a narrow lens, one that all but blocks the vantage point of having to pay for everything that breaks, having to mow the lawn and landscape the garden and having to clean more than three rooms...(anyone know a good cleaning lady looking for work in six-eight months?)

What excites me most about home ownership is Candice Olson. Not to be confused with Anna Olson, the Ontario Sugar-chef whom I also adore, Candice Olson is my favourite of the Canadian-produced W Network Experts. She hosts a show that I feel has been on for decades (which for Canadian television is a feat in and of itself!) The show is called Divine Design and let me just say on the record that this gal takes me to God when she finishes a room. In my next life, I want creative eyes that can look at an average space and create a miracle. Until then, I'll push for a big raise to maybe afford to pay Candice to decorate my new house. OR, if I'm super-duper lucky, I'll find a house that's already got her stamp! Hopefully one of these below...







No comments:

Post a Comment