Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIFF

That stands for Thank God it's (F-ing) Friday. This week has kicked my ass between work, after work and after-work-work. Weekly routine is as follows: wake up, press snooze, wake up, press snooze again, wake up turn alarm off, shower, makeup, dress and work, meetings, put out fires, after work meeting/social/event, followed by a little TV, wash face, pj's, read book, go to bed. Repeat x5. There's got to be a better way but I can't seem to get out of this routine that leaves me utterly wiped by the time the weekend rolls around.
I am aware of the fact that it is now nearing the end of January and I have yet to go an entire week without driving to work in spite of the fact that I live a mere four (good shopping) blocks from the office. I've also driven each time with my gym bag conveniently located in the back seat of my car but every morning convince myself it looks so cozy nestled on the floor behind my seat that I would hate to disturb it. Did I mention there is a gym on the second floor of my office that is basically free? For shame.

Next week, a new regime? More time for me? Take more control? That may be a stretch, but admitting you have a problem is the first step in the road to recovery, non? As if I had somehow telepathically sent my SOS, my dearest girlfriend Marisa sent a note expressing the same sentiments and our collective desperate need for some "me/us" time and what better place to do just that than in the hydratherapy pools at the Scandinave in Collingwood, Ontario? Girlfriends always know what you need! So do sisters and tonight, mine is joining me for a girly dinner and movie.

See, this is why TGIF-ingF!

No comments:

Post a Comment